Take back control of Microsoft Teams
Many companies have introduced Microsoft Teams in response to the Covid situation. The momentum towards collaboration solutions like this will be sustained even after normality returns. Due to the urgency of the situation and the short implementation cycles, a number of aspects that are generally part of an implementation project either were not considered or received insufficient consideration.
The benefits of a Teams Security Assessment at a glance
Teams Security Assessment
We support companies and organisations in reviewing the team setup
We help companies and organisations review the setup of Teams, which is an important task. These issues should be looked into as quickly as possible due to the dynamic nature of the use of Microsoft Teams.
The following issues are reviewed, in particular:
- Teams governance and life cycle management
- Meeting compliance requirements
- Categorisation of teams
- Role and access concept including sharing (internal, external and information barriers) and conditional access
- Categorisation of data stored in Teams
- Data retention
- DLP measures for data and messages stored in Teams
- Protection against malware
- Teams enhancement strategy – handling apps and automation
The Microsoft Teams security assessment involves the following project steps:
of around 1.5 hours:
Discussion of the project scope
- ensuring access to relevant resources via tenant read access or a remote sessions, depending on the scope of the inclusive power platform access
- optional examination of existing cloud and data protection concepts and Teams governance concepts
of the customer tenant, taking into account all the relevant security and compliance aspects
and action plan with measures classified according to criticality
ca. 2 Stunden inklusive Berichtspräsentation
Submit your email address and we will get in touch with you shortly
Are you interested in our solution?
Scope of the project
The effort required for the assessment depends on the size of the company and the scope of the clarifications and is clearly defined during the kick-off.
The following services, which can also be obtained from us as an option, are not included in the assessment:
- Implementation of the proposed measures
- Creation of a Teams security concept
- Introduction of a Teams governance system including adaptation to the corporate environment
- Creation and introduction of a retention concept
- Creation and introduction of a categorisation concept
- Power platform hardening
Vendors & Certifications
Pioneering products and solutions from the world’s leading vendors
Microsoft is the world’s leading manufacturer of standard software, services and solutions. Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every company on the planet to do more. Security and reliability, innovation and integration, and openness and interoperability are central to the development of all Microsoft products.